Malamala Island, Fiji

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Travel TIp Time: Send yourself a postcard!

This is a new tip which I only recently discovered but  it is by far one of my favourites and I am definitely going to be doing it when we travel to Asia at Christmas time.  

In order to remember what we did on holidays I write a travel journal.  I love writing my journal, I put lots of information in it like where we went, where and what we ate, how much things were etc and I find it to be an invaluable tool when I travel to that place again, when I am sorting photos and recording memories here on the blog. It's also nice to read and remember.

Next time I go away I will still write my journal but I am going to send myself (or our family) a postcard each day.  It's pretty easy to do and completely affordable, after all postcards are really inexpensive and so are the stamps for them.  Then when you get home and collect the mail you will be able to relive what you did and bind them into a book (like a mini album) to display and look at for years to come.  

(Photo source: Pinterest)

Some days I will get the kids to write on the postcard or let them send one each. There are no rules here, you adapt it to suit you. 

Every postcard will have the following information on it:
* the date (so we can bind them in the correct order)
* the weather (I just use a small symbol and the temperature)
* where we were and something we did there
* a stamp from our destination which is interesting in itself

Pretty basic stuff but the stuff that good memories are made of.  

(I have no idea how I am going to bind my postcards at this point, but I have some time to think about it, I love the binding on the ones above)

Next time you go somewhere - send yourself some postcards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear what you have to say. Please keep comments positive and relevant.